Thursday, August 27, 2009

Traffic Rumblings and Train Fun

Today is an interesting day. It's all gloomy and looks like rain. I have a scratchy throat and my "Does Hot Chocolate help a Sore Throat" experiment does not seem to be going well.

I drove to my contract job from my house this morning. Something that should have been a 30 minute drive always ends up being an hour long drive. It seems like on the highway, people have to slow down and stare at every stalled car, every person pulled over, every tow truck lifting a car onto it's bed. You get the drift.... Why can't people just pay attention? I mean, we all have somewhere to be, why slow everyone else down? Now, don't get me wrong here. I love Dallas, I love to drive in Dallas (heavy sarcasm), but can't we all just get along? I mean seriously, does it make that much difference if you cut in front of me to sit at that red light (in the right lane!) when I need to turn right! I get it, you beat me to the red light! Congratulations.


So, due to my frustration with Dallas drivers (which surprisingly are much better drivers than Arlington drivers!) I have been spending my $3 a day when I can to ride the DART rail. It's a blast! Although, I feel very self-conscious when I hold onto my bag. The random man who sits next to me looks at me like I expect him to snatch it out of my hands at any moment! I promise, I am NOT like that. I am just holding onto my bag so I can sit comfortably. Oh well. What is really nice about the DART rail is being able to sit and read instead of being stuck in traffic for an hour. Oh, and the DART only takes 30 minutes which is MUCH better than the hour in my car. Yesterday when I got up to get off the train at my stop, I was jamming to Paramore on my iPhone when the train jerked a bit. I started to fall over so while I had my music turned up loud in my ears I let out a "Weeeeeee" like I was on a roller coaster or something. I got some strange looks! Oops!


Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment