Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I'm jumping on the bandwagon......

Hello everyone! I am jumping on the blogging bandwagon. I have to admit being as I don't have children (yet) I might not be that interesting. I will warn you. I will talk no doubt about my True Blood obsession and what fantasy/romance/sci-fi/paranormal type book you should read next. I have a Visual Bookshelf on Facebook so if you're on there you can add the app yourself and check out my reviews and such.


I will hopefully have some funny stories about my dogs or crazy things I've seen people do.


A note about me: I am 29, live near Dallas, TX with my darling husband, Michael, and have 2 dogs. Stryder, our Boxer, and Dobby, our Boston Terrier. I love to read, watch the Dallas Stars and Dallas Cowboys and obsess over everything True Blood.


If you haven't seen this show on HBO you are missing out! It's a blast (although sometimes gory or sexy), but it's HBO so I expect it. My favorite character is Eric Northman, and that is where my "handle" of Eric'sDonor comes from. I was trying to find an anonymous name to go by on the True Blood Wiki and Dallas' Loving True Blood in Dallas talk show on BlogTalk radio. Mike (my husband) helped me pick it because I love the character of Eric so much. Oh, and if you don't know, he's a vampire, so being that I'm a human (aka blood donor) Mike thought Eric'sDonor would be perfect. So there it is.....


The most important thing to know about True Blood though is that it was inspired by a book series by one of my favorite authors Charlaine Harris. Her Sookie Stackhouse books make me laugh, cry, and gasp out loud. I read the first 8 books in about a week and took the day off work to read the 9th book when it came out in May. I also had the priveledge of meeting Ms. Harris at the Author-Author event in Shreveport in June. She is so sweet, and now I have autographed Sookie books!

No comments:

Post a Comment