Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

This three day weekend was a blur. Friday night I went baby shower shopping with my sister, then we ate at Genghis Grill (YUM!) with my husband. Then we went back to the house and watched "I Love You Man" which was actually pretty funny. Saturday I got to relax a little bit while Mike worked on his portfolio. Then we ran down to Arlington for my dad's birthday. We saw "Extract" which was pretty hilarious, then we went to Chili's for dinner. I told the waitress it was his birthday and when she asked him if it was his 21st birthday, he said "Close enough!"
On Sunday it was driving down to Burleson for my cousin's 7 year old son's birthday party. I got to chat with the family for awhile while all the kiddos played. I always feel out of place at a kid's birthday party because I don't have any kids. My cousin had me take all the cake and opening presents pictures so that was a lot of fun! All the other little kids kept trying to open his presents! Afterwards, we hung out at my cousin's house for a bit and enjoying chatting. On Monday I didn't have to work! Yeah! My husband worked on his portfolio all day and I got to finish a book I had been reading. I was pretty happy with the ending. Later in the day we ventured out to the park by our house (we had never been there) and we took the dogs with us. They loved it and they passed out when we got home. We have to find a dog park near our house so we can let them off-leash. Well that's my crazy weekend. Hope y'all had a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment